Saturday, June 12, 2010

For All The Boys I've Loved Before...

Clearly I watch too much TV. I don't actually think its a bad thing. I've learned a lot of random things from TV. For example, there was a little Peruvian boy that was basically born "pregnant" with his twin! Crazy shit, right? But as a young, impressionable girl, all my first crushes were from the cute boys I saw every week on TV. *sigh* Below are a few of my most memorable ones.

Bo Duke (Dukes of Hazzard): Oh, this country boy had it going on! And I oddly didn't mind that he wore the EXACT same clothes every week. I mean, if he asked, I'd have done his laundry. Now, my sister preferred Luke Duke. Ok, he had a better name, but I was blond and so was Bo. My sister was brunette and so was Luke. It was perfect, right?! Plus, we didnt have to fight over them.

Matt Dillon & Ralph Macchio (The Outsiders): I clumped these 2 together because this is one of the BEST movies of all time. And, they were both in it and that's how I was introduced to them. This was early in both of their careers and they were hotttt! Dirty, street hoods. I loved Ralph in this MUCH better than those silly Karate Kid movies (ok, I loved those too). And Matt Dillon's death scene is to die for. "Nooo, he's just a kid!!" Awww.. *sigh*

Duran Duran: I LOVED the band Duran Duran. I would have married all of the guys in the band, except Andy Taylor..eww. But no one liked him anyway. He was the blacksheep of the band. Not as fashionable or cute as the others. I didnt even mind that a few of them wore more makeup than me at the time. I kinda liked it, actually, from what I remember.

Billy Idol: I wanted to have little blond, spiky haired babies with him. That snarl...those lips...that vulgar language in his accent. Holy mother! Rebel Yell indeed, Billy. Rawr!

Ricky Schroeder (Silver Spoons): Who remembers this show? He was a rich kid living in a mansion with his dad. He had a freaking mini train that went around the house on a train track. Alfonso Ribiero was his best friend. Ricky was blond and cute and had dimples when he smiled...he was in ALL the Tiger Beat mags. I thought I might have had a chance with him. IF we met, and IF as older and IF I looked cuter and IF I was maybe an actress.

Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains): Mike Seaver. He was gorgeous and had the best smile. Killer dimples. Oh, and his best bud's name was Boner. He oozed cool. And no one could insult his sister like him. He had a mullet but boy could he pull it off. Now he's all churchy and preachy and not that cute. Oh well. Love is fleeting.

Keanu Reeves: He was in an indie flick called The River's Edge that was cool! And in his "Bill and Ted" days he was the shit! He could play "dumb" like a champ. I loved his jeans and untied "shit kicker"work boots. And he could give a vacant stare and say "Whoa" like no one else could.

Corey Haim: RIP Corey. Back in the days of "The 2 Corey's" this Corey had the edge! Cuter, funnier, better dresser. And again with the dimples. I must have had a thing for dimples then because now...not so much. When he was on top of his game, he was a good actor, too. Remember a little movie called Lucas? Anyway, he did drugs..drugs are bad..yada yada...you know how it ends. Too bad, at one time the kid had the world by the balls. Too bad he couldnt hang on. One thing I always wondered..why was he not in The Goonies?

2 comments:

  1. OMG... you totally brought me back to the 80's. I pretty much share ALL those but Ricky Schroeder. I never really liked him. I also had a MAJOR crush on ALL Duran Duran but John Taylor.. WOW. I was convinced I was gonna marry him. Aahhh... memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on Kirk. I was head over heels for him until he "found" god. Now he just needs to be hit with a boulder. Loved silver spoons i actually have it on tape. And when he has a good shave Keanu is dobby dobby sexay.

    ReplyDelete