Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Bucket List - things to do before I kick the bucket

Everyone has a list, either on paper or in your head, of things you've always wanted to try before you die, no matter how normal or outrageous. I have a list. Some things I've been able to cross off and others I know I never will.

Here are a few of the things still left on my list, in no particular order.

1) Enter an Eating Contest: Specifically lobster. Now, I'm not an idiot, I know I'd never win. But its not about that. I've done research, I may be small but I've got a damn good appetite. I go to the store & buy 2lbs of lobster meat and I've got 1lb eaten before I even get home!

2) Have a Song Written About Me: The ultimate compliment. To be thought about so much by someone that you're worthy of having a song written about you..for better or worse...to be heard by all the world. In my case, I don't much care if its a love song or one about how I was the worst girlfriend that ever lived. Its the fact that someone thought about you that much that matters.

3) Be In a Music Video: I'm not looking to be the next Tawny Kitaen on the hood of a car in a Whitesnake video. Just a girl in a video. Nothing crazy. Sorry Snoop & Dre, no "sippin on gin & juice" for this girl (maybe long ago when I had the bod for it).

4) Be a Stuntwoman: I'm not looking to leap over buildings or be lit on fire. More like a body double that does a little less dangerous stunt work. I'm small but scrappy and will try anything 3 times.

5) Die in a B-Horror Movie: I love horror movies, but I'm intrigued by the not-so-good, low budget ones. The ones with a thin plot where the dumb girl gets chased, screams a lot and falls victim to the killer, dying a grizzly death and visions of obviously fake blood splatters across the room. I wanna be that girl. How cool would it be to die in a movie?

6) Be on Cash Cab: I love this show. No..I'm addicted to this show. I have a head full of otherwise useless info that is begging to be let loose. Pop culture and entertainment-related info are my specialties, but I'd love to see how I'd do on a game show.

7) Do Color Comentary for Red Sox: I know baseball. I'm pretty funny. Its a match made in heaven. At work I'm known as the "Queen of Red Sox Nation". Jerry Remy, look out. NESN...call me.

8) Get a Job with the Travel Channel: How did Samantha Brown get her job? That's what I want to do. I've traveled around Europe, I know stuff based on actual experience. I think I'd be fun to watch.

9) Work in a Funeral Home: Even for just a week. I feel like I got in the wrong profession. I should have been a Mortician or a Medical Examiner. I don't mind oogy things and I'm extremely curious. I've even considered donating my body to science when I die.

10) Travel to CA: I've traveled up & down the east coast, to Canada and around Europe, but I want to check out more of the US. So why not start with the complete opposite coast? The first things I'd do is go to Pinkberry and In N Out Burger, Hollywood Forever Cemetary (yeah, yeah...I have a weird infatuation with death) and take one of the Death Hag's "Dearly Departed Tours". (If you're not familiar with him, he runs one of my favorite websites, http://www.findadeath.com/ << *warning* website contains stories/info/pics re: deceased celebrities, view at own risk) 11) Go Hunting: Every fall as a kid, the family would head to our camp in Camden so my dad, grandpa, cousins and family friends could all go deer/moose hunting. I have way too many pictures of me with a goofy grin standing next to a gutted deer corpse. I just thought it would be interesting to be the hunter. In reality, I'd probably misread my compass, get lost, fall in a creek and need to get rescued. But hopefully I'd look cute doing it. Do they make high-heeled hunting boots?

12) Take My Kids To England: One of my favorite places to travel was the UK, and I know thyy'd like it, too. I was there a few times and even went there on my honeymoon. Tons to see and do. I'm gonna make this one happen.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm Wtf, everytime I post a comment here it fails.
    I said, Im going to make a music video sometime, now that I know, you will be in it! Maybe the song will be about you! lol

    ReplyDelete